* Librarians are not very friendly people, at least while they are working. They scowl and frown a lot. I'm not sure if it's because they aren't very happy or maybe I just catch them on a bad day. I can't ever seem to engage them in any form of conversation or get them to crack even a hint of a smile. I'm usually pretty good at that. I intend to investigate this theory more thoroughly in the future.
* All...not some...ALL career politicians are self-serving, conceited, controlling, clueless, arrogant, pompous phonies who care more about keeping their job and being cool than doing the right thing. Two words: term limits.
* I wish I could write like this:
"I’d come from a long ways off and had started a long ways down. But now destiny was about to manifest itself. I felt like it was looking right at me and nobody else."
Bob Dylan - Chronicles, Volume I
"Time is but the stream I go fishing in. I drink at it, but while I drink I see the sandy bottom and detect how shallow it is. It's thin current slides away, but eternity remains."
-- Henry David Thoreau
"I awoke today and found the frost perched on the town
It hovered in a frozen sky, then it gobbled summer down"
"I didn't know the full dimensions of forever, but I knew it was longer than waiting for Christmas to come."
* Sometimes your best friends are the ones you don't see every day, or every week, or even longer. It doesn't matter if they are in another town or even a thousand miles away, when they really are a true and trusted friend you just know somehow that they are thinking of you at the same time you are thinking of them.
* It would be nice to still get a letter in the mail once in awhile. Not an email or a text, but a real letter. Hand written on actual paper and placed in an envelope. I keep promising myself I am going to write a letter to a few old friends, but then I wonder if they will think there's some underlying message or hidden motive, or just question my mental state. So I don't. Maybe I'm overthinking it and should just go with my impulse. But, I probably won't.
* The year 2012 will not be the end of the world. But I do believe the winds of change are blowing strong.
* The Geico TV commercial about people doing dumb things with smart phones is pretty funny, and sadly quite true.
There, that's enough for today. I feel better now.
- 0 -