Tuesday, January 29, 2019

10 Degrees and Getting Colder

As I've said before, winter is not my thing. It's hard for me to breathe in cold air. And it is pretty cold here right now. Polar Vortex apparently. I had the day off and decided to just hang around the house until it was time for my massage, which was scheduled for later in the afternoon. I figured there was plenty I could do. For example, with no one else home I could crank up the stereo system as loud as I wanted and rock out. I decided on some deep tracks not in my regular rotation and pulled these -




Now that's rock and roll! I also put on some Creedence, REO, and Robin Trower, followed by a Bobbie Gentry record to kind of mellow things back down a bit. 
While all that was going on I was working on organizing some of my photos randomly scattered around in boxes, envelopes and in computer files. That's a project I need to get serious about, but every time I start I come across some old memories and get distracted from the task at hand. Found these pictures from a few years ago in Art Alley. A good reminder that I need to get out of my comfort zone more often and be more adventurous in getting the shot. Like my friend Carrie here. She doesn't hesitate to go to the dirt or wherever she needs to go for a unique and original perspective. I just took the picture straight on without thinking too much about it. She got creative with it. She's good at that, and it shows in her work. 
 Me.

 Her.

After doing that for awhile I settled down for a bit of reading. I like the classics, philosophy, self-improvement books, world history. But that's not what I chose. I went with a paperback western. Sometimes you just have to go with a rip roarin' good story.


Burned through a few chapters before the time came to go to my massage, which I was very much looking forward to. I went outside to get in the car, then immediately went back inside to put on more clothes and let the car warm up. Man, it was cold!
How cold? Well, this picture of me on the massage table might be a good illustration.


Okay, I didn't actually keep the socks on. It was a pleasant temperature in the room. But it did take me a while to warm up. 
On the way home I stopped to take a photo of a scene that looked like ... winter. I desaturated it slightly in an attempt to show how cold it actually felt. I probably wouldn't have needed to do that. One look at the snow covered windswept foreground should do it.


Now it's getting late. And colder. Time for bed. I think I'll keep my socks on tonight. Fashion is not a consideration when it's this cold.

Roger O'Dea     1/29/2019









No comments:

Post a Comment